Written by: Tim Wood
The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever. (Isaiah 40:8)
There are certain and eternal benefits that belong to people who take the time to read and believe God’s word each day. Here are some of those enduring benefits:
1. Joy. “When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God Almighty” (Jerermiah 15:16).
2. Strength. “Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified” (Acts 20:32 NIV).
3. Peace. “Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble” (Psalm 119:165 NIV). “If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river” (Isaiah 48:18 NIV).
4. Stability. “I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure” (Psalm 16:8-9 NIV).
5. Success. “Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful” (Joshua 1:8 NIV).
6. Answered prayer. “If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given to you” (John 15:7 NIV).
Joy, strength, peace, stability, success, and answered prayer—these are benefits that most everyone wants in their life. Don’t you? Well, you can find them and have them from God’s Word. God has promised them to you. So spend time in His Word every day.